Saturday, September 16, 2017

More is more?

OMG!  The t-shirt quilt I made for my daughter is like Joey Tribiani's entertainment center!  


As she outgrew her t-shirts, I started cutting out the logos.  I thought these would make a great quilt for her take to college.  Since the knit is so stretchy, I bordered the cut-outs with cotton fabric and stored the blocks.  This summer, I started assembling the blocks into panels.  
                    


















I used most of the blocks in the quilt top, but I had so many that I also placed some blocks in the backing.  
 
   
I knew it was big, when I measured it for the batting and backing.   But, now that it's sewn and quilted, it still hangs over the sides of my California King mattress.  

When it's on her TwinXL-sized dorm bed, will it overhang like that entertainment center covered Joey's and Chandler's doors?  

I need to know when to stop.  Less is more.  At least, it's completed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment